• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

5 Ton wheels

M215

Hello SS,
I'm looking to put larger tires and wheels on the new M813. I have been told the 14x20 super singles will be too soft for my intended use, too much side wall flex (per John Winslow). Plans are to use the 5 ton to tow our track loader on an equipment trailer (approx 25,000 lbs, yes I know the max towed load for the 5 ton is 15k). Will the tires and rims off a bridge truck fit (24x20)? Plans would be to run duels on the rear, will the front need the stud extensions also?
Thanks for the info.
Karl

it seems to me that the bridge truck wheels have a dirrerent off set or back spacing than the standard 5 ton wheel. this would make the bridge truck wheel to close to the spring pack as the bridge truck axel housings im told are wider. one could probably swap a set of bridge truck axels in. how about the over width issue?

acetomatoco

The 11 20s on your truck will do just fine for the work you have in mind... be sure you have good brakes on the trailer as the juice brakes on the 5 ton will not stop you otherwise... If you want, you can put 12 20 civvy transport tires on with no changes needed...

m139h2otruck

The bridge truck wheels will not fit standard 5 tons without a lot of work/extra parts. The axles are wider on the bridge trucks (confirmed this myself), spaced further apart on the tandems and they also have added spacers on both the front and rear. I guess you could use them on the rear as singles with the dish out, but it would look really funny. I would just use the 1100x20s as duals or use 1400x20s as super singles as the guys stated above.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks