• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

5 ton winch on rear of deuce!

mlwats1@hotmail.com

if you already have a transmition pto, use a five ton rear pto shaft adapter and put your pump a short distance behind on the frame, $66 for the adapter. the transfer case pto's are very expensive.

wehring

Pto

Thank you! That was exactly what i was after. I currently have a t-case PTo but I would prefer to run the hydro off of my trans PTO. Where can you find an adapter for $66???? I have checked and $500 is what eastern wants for the partys to make my trans pto dual output.

Justin

mlwats1@hotmail.com

if you can find a old five ton dump truck it will have the little peice bolted to the backside of the PTO box, turn it upside down and reinstall on the deuce PTO box it will work i have done it, the shaft will fit under the sift lever loop, remember to allways leave the winch in spool ro your radiator will suffer. i will look for the link to where the adapters came from.

mlwats1@hotmail.com

i was trying to send a word file with pics not a pic file, i found the link to Antelope Valley Equipment & Truck Parts they have the units but the price is very high i am looking for one in another place.

the only way i could get the winch to fit was to place the entire mounting bracket inside the deuce frame after putting a 90 degree bend in the five ton bracket and cutting off the extra i slid it in from the back and i just clears the rear spring hanger it was a very tight fit but eight bolts latter it will have a tough time pulling out. if you would like i could take more pics ask me from what angle you would like them from?

TigerHawk

Considering the military drops the M35 out of a plane, I would think that a winch that weighs a little more would effect the spindles... Just a thought. I would like to know the truth. Logically it does not make any sense!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks