• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

5 ton winch part

sermis

The roller bearing is exposed and no seal. I am guessing that there is a cover that bolts on like other winches or did it mate to something else?

Anybody have a cover?

poppop

I may can get that cover for you from a scrap yard if you still need it. They have several dead winchs that are complete.

sermis

I need one if you can find one. I have not been able to check the winch yet, ICE cold I'm inside, but it looks good from the outside but looks can be decieving.

poppop

There are several winchs there. I am going to buy one that The GIs painted on unserviceable, but when I turn the input shaft the drum turns. I think they did not want to replace the pulley bearing in the level wind and scraped a good winch.

sermis

Anybody come up with a bearing retainer cover for the winch?
On the Duece winch there is a drum lock on the passenger side of the winch. The little tab that turns to unlock / lock the winch hub. Anyone have a winch apart that coud post a PIC of the parts?

poppop

Sermis
I went to the yard yesterday with the list I made a month ago. All I could remember was that the cover had for bolts. I bought the wrong cover for you and someone else. This aging process and the onset of CRS is bad. The covers are there and maybe I can exchage them but I can't promise when. I am going to be out of town for a couple of weeks.

MB4/94

I need a bearing retainer too. I'm not in a hurry so just let me know when you get one and how much I owe you for it. Thanks, Barry.

sermis

Does the 5 ton winch also have a drum lock on the side like the 2.5 ton winch? My winch has a threded hole on the side at the top but whatever gos there has been removed.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks