• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

5 ton winch

RangerBob

Boyce Equipment says...

"Our 20,000 lbs. Garwood, is ideal for installing in the rear of trucks with its 34 in. width. It too can be bolted to a stock frame. The length (30in.) is sometimes bulky, mounted in the front. It fits nicely under truck beds. Weight-220 lbs."

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sorry, ain't buying 220lbs. Gotta weigh more than that. I know I had to use a 3 point lifting hitch on a tractor to load mine into the bed of a deuce.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Reading, is fundamental...

tashaak

Does anyone know if you can winch and drive a M925A1 at the same time. I cannot seem to find anything in the archives on this. I guess what I am asking is can the winch be engaged and in drive at the same time to help getting unstuck. Thanks Gary

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
It's a self recovery winch.........
To be used in the manner in which the TM describes.

With the truck in gear, the PTO output isn't going to spin at speed. Remember, that's how it's engaged. Only in neutral does the PTO spin at enough speed for the hyd. to work properly. It's not meant to be ran on the road.

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Does anyone know if you can winch and drive a M925A1 at the same time. I cannot seem to find anything in the archives on this. I guess what I am asking is can the winch be engaged and in drive at the same time to help getting unstuck. Thanks Gary
Does not look like it, the m39/m809s you can

Gunzy

I just removed one from a M932A2 and put it on the front of a M923. That 1460# figure I would believe considering the sag it put on the back of the '75 F350 boom wrecker we saw.

M925

To be used in the manner in which the TM describes.

With the truck in gear, the PTO output isn't going to spin at speed. Remember, that's how it's engaged. Only in neutral does the PTO spin at enough speed for the hyd. to work properly. It's not meant to be ran on the road.
Thank you for the clarification.

Csm Davis

That would be a no, which is nuts but true the front winch on all 939 series trucks are not for self recovery the -10 clearly states that a second vehicle with a winch is to be used to unmire a truck in deep mud. This means only a 936 can self recover with the rear winch.

zebedee

conceptualizer at large
Steel Soldiers Supporter
It's a self recovery winch.........
I must be missing something, but yes, assisting the winch for self recovery with driving wheels would be nice, (But some dufus probably had a wreck doing it wrong and therefore spoilt it for all that follow - new ruleing and soforth) BUT, what's wrong with using the winch, at full pto speed, truck in neutral for SELF RECOVERY????? - of course, snatch blocks to multiply capacity etc., when really stuck.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks