• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

5 tons that are excess in Korea

ARMYMAN30YearsPlus

In Memorial
In Memorial
These trucks are excess to Korea and we are shipping them to Red River Texas. If the USANG does not get them they sure would be a nice find they are all almost brand new and the great thing is none of them are plagued by CTIS.

Attachments

steelsoldiers

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Man, those are beautiful! Some of them still have the BII in crates strapped to the rear deck! They look like they are straight from rebuild with fresh CARC and radial tires. I wonder if they will get sold in a big lot like all of the 809's and 939's that Schott's ended up with? Thanks for the pics, David!

kcimb

Does anyone have pics of the 5ton tractor in use? I've never seen them in action before....always the 5ton cargo trucks, wreckers, and PLS...

steelsoldiers

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Yeah, Rich, the filter canister is under the driver's side. Pretty easy to change. Now, if you could just find a place to buy the filters...

ARMYMAN30YearsPlus

In Memorial
In Memorial
I will track the TCN and see what happens to them I expect they will reach there sometime in Febrary. The are some of the nicest five tons I have seen and it is a shame that we can not keep the tractors here because I have a new unit here that would like to use them with some recently excessed M871 trailers but the bid Army has these shipping out. I will try to post some pictures of the onward movement when they rail load them and put them on the ships headed back to CONUS.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks