• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

50/50 mix of used motor oil & E85 in the Deuce?

Rossman

To get the same performance from E-85 (or some blends are actually 80-90% depending on season) you need 40% more fuel then with gas. There are alot of Mustang guys switching there Turbo Stangs to Ethanol so that they can run insane boost numbers and not have to buy race fuel. The rule of thumb is you need twice as much injector and pump to get the same HP as with Gasoline. Example: a pump rated for 1000HP is only going to support 500-600hp on E85.
Yup...I stopped running it in my 03 cobra cause I would have needed bigger fuel pumps to run nitrous. And the fuel milage sucked, from 10mpg down to 7mpg.

Its still a **** of alot cheaper then running race fuels like sunoco 110 octane. The other problem the guys complain about is the amount of ethanol in the fuel varies ALOT season to season and different stations. They all agree to try to buy from the same station to minimize the fuel ethanol percentage difference. The difference can affect there air/fuel ratio and effect performance.

Newer cars meant to run e-85 has a compensator pretty much a electric version of the Deuces FDC. I know of a tuner currently working on a system to adapter the GM E-85 compensator/sensor to his cobra.

Rossman

That would be pretty sweet to have that built in...We figured out a base tune to go with then tuned from there with my car. In the end I stopped running it. 7mpg and not alot of stations with e85 was a problem.

Rossman

I was on svtperformance till I sold the car last year. I'm into diesels now, they're alot easier to work on and they're heavy duty.

SVTPerformance gives mustang enthusiast a bad name. They are so corrupt over there its not even funny, its disturbing. I know personally of friends who were screwed out of lots of money by there 'sponsors" only to have there threads deleted and getting banned for so called "vendor bashing" or "lieing". Lightning Larry is the worst, I dont even know the guy and id like to break his nose if I had the chance.

Rossman

Wow, I had bad experiences with bob kurgan/Speed Performance inc...I'd be happy to rearrange some of his teeth. He told me he would tune my car, if I went ahead and got Ford GT fuel pumps. So I installed the new ones, then he decided he couldn't tune my car cause it was to modified. 4 months later he sends me an email about tuning it. I don't know what his deal is but he is never touching anything of mine.