• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

.50 cal ammo can lids

MDSA

Thought I'd try buying some ammo cans and got burned. GL said some lids may be missing - my lot was over 100 lids short.

Anybody have extra lids and want to trade cans for lids??

Also have 3 "fat 50" lids if anyone wants them.

HAWKMAN

It's amazing how badly GL can screw-up, I bid on a three pallet lot of ammo cans and got twice as many lids as cans...hmm..must have been a Friday lot!..anyway how would you like to do this? 100 lids are pretty heavy but I can research how much Fed-ex would charge to freight them to you. I think trading cans for lids will be cost ineffective as you would be paying for shipping both ways so a oneway trip of lids would be the best way to go. Let me know what you think and we can work out a deal that will help you out.:grin:

MDSA

I am not blaming GL: I knew i was taking a chance, but 100 lids short out of 275 seems a bit much. My main purpose in posting is to find lids.

tmsss

inspecting these would have done no good unless you totally break the pallets down which they will not let you do ,you can not arrive at a total count without doing this the bad thing about this we bought 2473 fifty cal cans in June of 2013 and were short 735 cans took 84 days for them to settle our claim they gave us a credit of 2737.00 toward out next buy they will not give you a cash refund like i mentioned i have been in the surplus business 30 years check out nick scavo experience at cherry point I was also in the core myself Vietnam 67-68 the base commander is not happy with the feed back they are receiving other Gl sites are fine i buy mostly out of fort Bragg although there can lots have the lids on the quantity is more than i can afford up to 55,000 to buy a lot of 9800 30 cal cans

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks