• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

50' Slave Cable ???

emr

I believe it is the same guage wire, just different qualitys of flexability, I have found some with nice neoprene rubber and lighter and flexable and some that are a less pliable rubber and harder to handle and heavier, i am saying the weight is also in the rubber , and maybe wire quality also, like in amount and thickness of strands I am saying, but all have been stamped the same guage I have a bunch ...It is easy to make adapters, i did it a long time ago with 2 truck ends back to back and used a bolt with some slim wood as a box between them amd taped it up , but since I got the long cables it just sits on the bench...

Pawnshop

My 20 footer isn't light. That 50 footer has got to be par with a sack of anvils.
Little anvils tied together, that go all over when you want to carry them... using my 50' cable is like trying to move a dead anaconda, but sure comes in handy when you can't get close to a dead truck (plus it was free so I can't complain too much)

brianrbull

Ghost.... Any welding supply will have the nesessary wire..... I am not 100% if it is 2/0 or 4/0... I will have to go check .... or bring your ends with you and which ever wire fits best in the holes.... Bigger is better when it comes to Jumper Cables... (Slave) Good Luck

jimm1009

I would recommend taking your coupler with you as I don't believe that 4/0 will physically fit into the back side and allow you to screw the cover back on.
Can't hurt and then you know all is well but in this case "size does matter" assuggested above. Also make sure that you can acuqire the ring connectors for coupler ends and have the means to actually crimp them too.
My local welding shop actauly crimped the rings on for me for a small fee.
jimm1009
:beer:

M813rc

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Little anvils tied together, that go all over when you want to carry them... using my 50' cable is like trying to move a dead anaconda, but sure comes in handy when you can't get close to a dead truck
If I recall, one of the last times that anvilconda came out there was some 30-40 feet of gooey mud between where you could park your 1009, and the M813 that needed a jump. All the extra cable was useful that night (not that I would know whose truck needed slaving..:roll:).

Cheers

Pawnshop

If I recall, one of the last times that anvilconda came out there was some 30-40 feet of gooey mud between where you could park your 1009, and the M813 that needed a jump. All the extra cable was useful that night (not that I would know whose truck needed slaving..:roll:).

Cheers

YES, the extra footage was useful that night!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks