• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

503 forbidden error show when trying to get on the site

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Dunno if this is still part of the issues Drew is working on or not:

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=+2] [/SIZE][/FONT] Either the address you are accessing this site from has been banned for previous malicious behavior or the action you attempted is considered to be hostile to the proper functioning of this system.
The detected reason(s) you were blocked are:
SQLi (QU-024.9).
Your IP, Domain Name (if resolvable), the referring page (if any), QUERY, POST, User Agent, time of access, and date have been logged and flagged for admin review. Please either 1. Stop the bad behavior, or 2. Cease accessing this system.
The webmaster of this site has decided to provide you with an e-mail link to start a trouble ticket about this block.
Please do not change the beginning of the subject line, nor the preamble of the body text.

Click HERE to start a trouble ticket.

Your connection details:
Record #: 386495
Time: Wed, 12 Aug 2015 16:38:57 -0400
Running: 0.4.10a3 / 76
Host: 66.42.217.230
IP: 66.42.217.230
Query: 143248-Folding-Sleep-Cot-Canvas-and-Parts
Stripped Query: 143248-folding-sleep-cot-canvas-and-parts
Referer: http://www.steelsoldiers.com/search.php?searchid=4393343
User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1; rv:39.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/39.0
Reconstructed URL: http:// www.steelsoldiers.com /showthread.php?143248-Folding-Sleep-Cot-Canvas-and-Parts

Generated by ZB Block 0.4.10a3 / 76

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
That should be an easy fix. I believe CARNAC put something in the title he shouldn't have and it is calling it a SQL Injection attack.

SQLi (SQL Injection or Squealy)

TsgtB

I had the same forbidden stuff come up on me, when i tried to access the site from my old job. (on "their" server)
Someone thought the content of the site was against some sort of policy (for "weapons" or some excuse).
I wasnt able to get on SS for a couple of months (at work).... while others could look op "gun stuff" pages all day long..
I was a little ticked off...

m715mike

That should be an easy fix. I believe CARNAC put something in the title he shouldn't have and it is calling it a SQL Injection attack.

Oh is that all. What a relief!!! When I saw the thread's title, I thought Gimpy may have been trying to get another drill press in his shower....:oops:

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator

It is resolved. The "sleep" in the title was being interpreted as a sql command to sleep. I've corrected the security software on that.

Still working out bugs I assume? I have had issues where I click on recent posts and it comes up your search query found no results. Happens about once a day.
Depends on the frequency in which you hit the new posts/threads/today's post links. Those are generated off time, cookie, and previously viewed content. Happens to me sometimes if I've pulled several queries or marked forums as read.

I had the same forbidden stuff come up on me, when i tried to access the site from my old job. (on "their" server)
Someone thought the content of the site was against some sort of policy (for "weapons" or some excuse).
I wasnt able to get on SS for a couple of months (at work).... while others could look op "gun stuff" pages all day long..
I was a little ticked off...
That sounds like it's a web filtering issue at that location. It's likely that it picked up on military or something to that effect and lumped the entire site into "guns".

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
See I knew it would work. Nobody wanted to believe me. NOOOOOO, Carnac doesn't know what he's talking about. Uh-huh. Now see. I proved it.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks