• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

52 m37 build

Carter

During the winter I bought this truck from my friend, Ralph. It was disassembled when I got it, the cab and the bed were off of the frame which had been cleaned and painted. Ralph had planned to do a complete restoration on the truck but ended up buying another running and restored one. We are putting this one back together so that we can move it to my garage where I intend to rebuild it and put it back on the road. So far the engine, radiator, transfer and transmission have been replaced along with the sheetmetal you see in this shot and yesterday we bolted the hard top back on it, installed the running boards and got some tires and the winch kit out of his barn. Once we tow it to my place I will remount the winch after I have gone through it and checked it out. I've started a Webshots album and will continue to add photos as work progresses.

Webshots album: 1952 M37 build pictures from military photos on webshots

Attachments

Last edited:

Carter

You sir have the fever, M-Thrax Fever!
Congrats,

Yes I have Bruce, I got the fever when I was 13 yrs. old and saw my first M37 churning through 2 1/2 ' of a late March snow while nothing else was able to move at all. This is the 8th. one I have owned, with luck and if I live long enough, 9 and 10 are just over the horizon. :-D

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks