• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

53 Stude

Westech

CPL
well is should be a gasser and a sprag T case. All in all still a good deuce. Cons, low MPG's, less power then a multi, not a air shift T case. Pros.... Body steel seams to be a better quality back then, gasser motor is a good engine, can still get parts, dont see alot of gassers still around.

Its really up to you there good and bad to everything I stated. For the right price I would like to have a gasser to play around with.

Barrman

I have to differ with you about the Gasser engine. I think a gasser truck is faster to get to speed, less noise, faster top speed since the engine redline is 3,400 rpm and they are unique as mentioned. About 1/2 the mpg as a multi and you have to buy the fuel instead of making it yourself.

Basically, the engine/transmission and steering knuckle cv joints are about the only difference between any other M35 if that is what you were asking.

Westech

CPL
I dont know about the top speed.. the gassers have the 1 to 1 5th gear and the multi's have the over drive. both do about 56 MPH, and the multi you can crank the fuel and get them to roll even faster. I would put my multi to any gasser any day of the week and watch me pass them up, but it is for sure less noise. It very well could be a multi, the military did a ton of swaps in the 50 odd some years.

muddog7375

Thanks for the info....I guess till I know for sure I wont get my hopes up on getting it...I really want a multi...

Oh another question...The gasser isnt turbod right?

muddog7375

I will have to look into this one more..LOL...The guy might want to do my trade & Im sure this will be the only Deuce I will ever get so I want it just how I want it with the options I want so Im happy in the long run...

Westech

CPL
That is what counts, get what makes you happy. You for sure don't want to get some green Iron that you don't like, sink a ton of money in to it and still not be happy.

nattieleather

It could be a multi....some trucks where pulled into depo shops and repowered with the multi engine...so there is a chance that it's an oil burner. Most likely gas, but could be diesel....just an FYI.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
My 53 Stude had sparkplugs when I got it, It's a road oiler now. If it's a reasonably solid truck, get it regardless.

pctrans

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I picked up my 53 Stude from Camp Shelby last month. It has a multi-fuel w/whisler, new doors, winch. Was repowered at Toule, UT?

DavidB

Go and check out the truck because of rebuild and or updates it could be almost anything.Local friend just picked up a Utica- Bend deuce with a Cummins 5.9 so look and then choose.
DavidB

muddog7375

Re: RE: 53 Stude

DavidB said:
Go and check out the truck because of rebuild and or updates it could be almost anything.Local friend just picked up a Utica- Bend deuce with a Cummins 5.9 so look and then choose.
DavidB
Dave this one is down by you...Its in West Bend...

rosco

Steel Soldiers Supporter
RE: Re: RE: 53 Stude

The Stude was a fine truck. Its probably a gasser. They were a real work horse, and still are.

Lee in Alaska

muddog7375

RE: Re: RE: 53 Stude

I will only get it if its a multi turbo....But he claimes it is & it has all the options I want...I might do the deal with him PLUSE trade him an 88 Bronco for a pair of axles for another project I have going

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks