• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

53's made ctis crazy

Desertshark

So I got a set of 53's and had them mounted. Now ctis is in Fritz. When I manually air all tires to about 30 lbs. Start truck hit highway mode, the system either 5 light blink or starts dumping air.... it will dump air from the back part of driver side middle axle ctis tire valve... I am thinking that air valve may be bad. Anyone ever have this happen? When I had the 1400 on the system worked flawlessly.

98G

Former SSG
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Tire size really shouldn't play into it, as the system sees pressure and not volume.

I'm inclined to agree with your assessment.

That being said, I'd manually air the tires to 55psi, and adjust the air compressor to 127psi and see what it does then.

dmetalmiki

As mentioned previously, Tire size has no effect whatsoever on the function of a C.T.I.S.
So you already may have part diagnosed the troubles.

Last edited:

Desertshark

Well filled tires up to 55psi ran the system and found that the Adapter Pipe For Rear CTIS Wheel Valve M939A2 Series, 20510736 was bad or the rubber part had stretched and will no longer seal. So I'll be ordering whole new one tonight.

Desertshark

Like a marshmallow. It's a really nice ride a lot better than the 1400's . Also the increase in speed is nice. Now that have them i wonder why it took me so long to change over.

TedCat

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm rebuilding all my CTIS hoses right now. Truck is tucked for winter. Can you post some pics please. Hemmt rims all the way around?

Desertshark

I don't have hemmit rims. ,but I have learned from own experience or in my case. The a2 does not rub for some reason. I can turn the wheel lock to lick and it won't rub.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks