• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

$55,000 quad cab bobbed Deuce

Hunter2506

Am I missing something? I mean, it's a good lookin' custom, but $55k??? I could see that if it had more amenities and a Cummins common rail or 500+ HP big block V-8 swapped in. But to me it seems like a lot for a project that could be DIY for under $15,000, including the basic truck..

GPappy

Am I missing something? I mean, it's a good lookin' custom, but $55k??? I could see that if it had more amenities and a Cummins common rail or 500+ HP big block V-8 swapped in. But to me it seems like a lot for a project that could be DIY for under $15,000, including the basic truck..
You may be able to duplicate this for $15,000 in parts but there are more people with the money to purchase this than there are people with the time and skill it would take to build it.

I stopped by a shop here in Michigan that is building custom trucks. He has an extended cab on air bags with a dump bed custom box for $28K and a Quad cab in the final stages of assembly that is already sold for north of $100k.

Those that can, do. Those that can't, teach (or in this case, buy)

rchalmers3

Half a mile from the Broad River
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I would rather pay the $$$ for that than a new truck off a car lot.
I am AS LIKELY to buy that as a new truck off a car lot..... That thing is about $54k outa my league!

Nice work Clinton, and thanks for posting your work, it is an inspiration.

Rick

SasquatchSanta

.............................. But to me it seems like a lot for a project that could be DIY for under $15,000, including the basic truck..
I doubt that! $15K doesn't go very far on a project of that magnitude Plus --- do you really think you could do the complete project solo --- without help --- without having to spend anything on labor?

I wouldn't be surprised if I've spent 15K on my deuce AFTER buying it and it was already bobbed and had power steering and lockout hubs when I bought it. I found when you start modifying it gets expensive.

I'll know soon because I preparing to update a website that features the truck and in doing so I'm going to list all the expenditures. I'm going to list Rosie in the low 30s price range.

Clinton does good work --- quality costs.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks