• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

57K2703 Vehicular Seat Kit

Maxjeep1

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hey guys, I have a question. I bought a vehicle seat kit and I think it’s for FMTV trucks. I googled it and I got mostly golf cart seats. Hahahaha. I will appreciate any help you can give me. I’m trying to find a home for it and I don’t really want to sell it for scrap if someone has a use for it. I have a box that’s 41”x 7’ filled with individual boxes. If this is not for your platform I apologize. 4C453A6C-B5F6-4B28-8904-0AB5E3DC791A.jpeg34C43E4A-1C09-4537-AB5C-6B8FDCD868BA.jpegA5C99665-93F8-458D-98D4-046FCD2966EA.jpeg

Last edited:

Maxjeep1

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks… I will list it in the classified section. I will give it a couple of weeks before I scrap it. Cost of shipping is so much for big things that it makes them have almost no value unless someone is local….

Maxjeep1

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The NSN comes back as the seat kit for the M1157 dump truck. So they'd be for the 6x6 MTV trucks I bet.

You think anyone would want them? I don’t think there is a market for them. I hate to scrap them because somebody will be looking for them. I feel like gov planet scraping things that have value. Thank you for looking

Third From Texas

You think anyone would want them? I don’t think there is a market for them. I hate to scrap them because somebody will be looking for them. I feel like gov planet scraping things that have value. Thank you for looking
People look for them from time-to-time. Mostly because the uprights are missing from a truck they purchased or a seat is missing/broken.

It will be someone with a 6x6 FMTV bed.

So sure, toss them up on classifieds here, eBay, and post the links here. Folks will share them with the Facebook groups, etc. Someone can use them. As I said, folks are always asking for the uprights and seats. Occasionally the other bits.

@chucky could install them in that M1095 trailer he's going to give me

Maxjeep1

Steel Soldiers Supporter
People look for them from time-to-time. Mostly because the uprights are missing from a truck they purchased or a seat is missing/broken.

It will be someone with a 6x6 bed.

So sure, toss them up on classifieds here, eBay, and post the links here. Folks will share them with the Facebook groups, etc. Someone can use them. As I said, folks are always asking for the uprights and seats. Occasionally the other bits.

Thank you so much! I really need them gone and they were part of a lot that I had to have.

Maxjeep1

Steel Soldiers Supporter

I can’t post an add here because I’m not a premium member

Third From Texas

I can’t post an add here because I’m not a premium member
Ah, I never realized that. Toss them on eBay?

Or you if you're on FB you can join some of those groups

Maxjeep1

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Ah, I never realized that. Toss them on eBay?

Or you if you're on FB you can join some of those groups

I’m excited because I want to buy an FMTV. I really have a soft spot in my heart for the winch trucks… I really appreciate your help

Last edited:

Poolboy 7631

I’m excited because I want to buy an FMTV. I really have a soft spot in my heart for the winch trucks… I really appreciate your help
If you end up scrapping these I would be interested in the "hardware components". The "H" bracket pieces and more importantly the rubber cord and hooks. Also whatever else might be considered hardware. My seats are complete but some extra "hardware" may come in handy someday. Let me know if you get no takers and we will talk about logistics.

Maxjeep1

Steel Soldiers Supporter
So, become a premium member. I forget the cost, but it is minimal. It is something like $15/year to be able to post classified ads. It is well worth it even if you never sell anything as it supports the site.
I actually tried to do it when they were running a special awhile back and for whatever reason I couldn’t do it on my phone… I have received a lot more than 15$ worth of help and knowledge and I don’t mind contributing.
I will try it again.

Third From Texas

If you end up scrapping these I would be interested in the "hardware components". The "H" bracket pieces and more importantly the rubber cord and hooks. Also whatever else might be considered hardware. My seats are complete but some extra "hardware" may come in handy someday. Let me know if you get no takers and we will talk about logistics.
Good point. People are always missing those on their trucks.

Alternatively, the solid rubber shock cord and hooks can be purchased on Amazon for pennies a foot. And the "H" retainers can be made by welding two pieces of c-channel together.

Just sayin'

chucky

Steel Soldiers Supporter

Just happen to have the green version to fit the 1095 or 1083

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks