• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

59 chevy 2 ton cab on my deuce

scrapdaddy

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Let me first just say how much my search skills suck eggs! I've been looking for several days and can only come up with one guy who talked about putting an old cab on a deuce. I've seen a lot of monster truck type stuff, but nothing down to earth, everyday farm truck. I'm wanting to put my 59 Chevy cab on my deuce frame. Does anybody know of a thread that discusses that. Would seem to be not too difficult, but just wanted some ideas. I will single out the tires and go with the 11-20s. Motor change to a 5.9 Cummins and build a dump flatbed with removable sides. I haul a lot of rock and firewood.

Anyway, if somebody knows of a thread that deals with this, please help. Here's some pictures of the vehicles in question.

Thanks,

Attachments

scrapdaddy

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Man, how'd you that so fast! Thank you, certainly some good reading. I'm trying to work with what I have and make a little bit more comfortable farm truck. I pull a stock trailer also, so it will have power steering and maybe the modified overdrive trans. gear,kind of a do all truck.

scrapdaddy

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Sounds like a sweet truck when done please keep us updated when you start the process
Thanks, won't be until later in the year. I'm finishing up a FJ55 Landcruiser right now, but want to get on the deuce soon. I'm not finding much information about swapping the body out, but I've got years of good material on power steering add ons, better brakes, etc. I can't wait to start doing something to it. I've had it over five years and just maintain it. Should be a lot of fun.

rustystud

Thanks, won't be until later in the year. I'm finishing up a FJ55 Landcruiser right now, but want to get on the deuce soon. I'm not finding much information about swapping the body out, but I've got years of good material on power steering add ons, better brakes, etc. I can't wait to start doing something to it. I've had it over five years and just maintain it. Should be a lot of fun.
The frame rails are the same width of almost all GM trucks. That should help. I once was planning on making my 1954 deuce into an IHC since I own a few of those trucks also. They also share the same frame width.

scrapdaddy

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Rusty,

Seems like most big trucks have the 34" wide frame. I was thinking at one time of moving the deuce's running gear over to the chevy's frame, but I just like that big 'ol deuce frame and it has the winch already set up. They use the same wheels, too. I fit in the chevy so much nicer and I think it would be a fun project.

Thanks for thinking about this!

daytonatrbo

Rusty,

Seems like most big trucks have the 34" wide frame. I was thinking at one time of moving the deuce's running gear over to the chevy's frame, but I just like that big 'ol deuce frame and it has the winch already set up. They use the same wheels, too. I fit in the chevy so much nicer and I think it would be a fun project.

Thanks for thinking about this!
M35 Deuce and a Half: You must be over 6'3 to climb in, and under 5'9 to drive.

scrapdaddy

Steel Soldiers Supporter
That's the only one I found, too. Love that look. Mine would be a flatbed, but not so sure that's a deuce frame, maybe 1 1/2 ton from WWII. I can't find any information on it either. That body is the same as mine, but my 2 ton has wider fenders and grille in order to cover the bigger axle.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks