• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

5k broken reconnect switch.

Floridianson

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I just started to play with my Gens. and the reconnect switch is locked up. I don't want to force it to much and when I got it the plastic knob was broken to. I took another knob and tryed pretty hard. If it matters it's stuck in the 120 /208 3pz so please tell me there might be a quick fix or anyone seen this problem. Thanks.

derf

You can fix the reconnect switch or if you don't need it you can just wire it the way you want and bypass the switch.
What 5k set is it? I have a 017A parts unit that may have one in it.

Stonepicker1

Those MEP-002 and MEP-003 phase switchs are a pain to replace. It happens when someone turns the knob with the power on. The contacts melts inside.

I would change out the hole box. I saw a few sold on GL not to long ago...good luck.

Floridianson

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Great well you never know what you get if you don't inspect before bidding.
Yea from what I hear that's a no no switching when running. If I check and she is still makeing power on all the legs would you think that they did not smoke her and I just need to replace the switch? Thanks

Thanks for the offer on the parts but they do not interchange on you model.

Last edited:

dependable

I got an 002 with a stuck switch. I don't think it was switched when on, it just spent 1700 hrs in 3 phase. There are a few old threads about this. You can unstick it if it is not damaged by loosening the plate in front just enough to turn switch. You have to take switch out of housing to do this, but you don't have to disconnect wiring. I found it easyer to do with fuel tank removed. Once you get it to position you want (I assume 120/240), don't mess with it, as the switch seems to have a memory (internal springs) and can get stuck again in original position.

Isaac-1

If you do replace the switch, remember there is more than one variant, so consult the TM for correct wire placement on the new switch if it is a different style.

Ike

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks