• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

5T Mystery Crane

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The MC-1 and XM-61 are both very similar. I have seen the XM-61 at Jacks and it looks alot like it but it is different. The most obvious thing is that the XM-61 has a diamond plate bed that the crane sits on. I have only seen one picture of the MC-1 and I think that was in a MVM article. I would have to guess it's a MC-1.2cents

Desert Deuce

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well, doesn't look like an MC-1 either.

Hard to find images of MC-1's. The only Images of XM-61's I've ever seen are the ones you and I have taken of Jack's.

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Just searched through 3 boxes of MVM magazines. The article on MC-1's was in issue Apr 2007. My guess is, that it is it's either a XM-61 or MC-1 with the diamond plate bed cut and the cab constructed after that. After some internet searching, the booms came in different lengths. With the boom being a different color, I am guessing it was replaced with a longer one. Any chance of seeing the data plate?

Desert Deuce

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Good research. It's about 2 hours away from me behind a fence. This was the closest I could get to it on a Sunday. I first saw this truck about 2 years ago. It hasn't moved. I may head out there in the next few weeks to check it out a little closer.

I will of course take the camera.

PorscheTech911

Dale you must be seriously lost if you 'forgot' where you parked in Arizona...

Anyway I don't have much to add other than it could be a custom made vehicle to suit someone's needs. Be careful on the other side of the fence! :eek:

Desert Deuce

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Anyway I don't have much to add other than it could be a custom made vehicle to suit someone's needs.
That's also very possible. I seem to remember a photo taken outside Memphis Equipment of a similar piece of equipment. Thought those were MC-1's though. It does look like it has a round fuel tank???

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks