• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

5T wrecker dataplates needed

jhooah

Ok, I'll post a pic tonight, but we now have a Vietnam issue M543A2 back in 1968 colors. (oldest marking I could find was under the hood for 10-07-68 Antifreeze)
Still have to do the markings and such, instal my Oxy Act set and the gear, but I have the Winter to get it done.
Looking for a set of dataplates, as the ones that were on there are totally faded out.
There was a nice set or five for sale here back in 2007...but we didn't have the girl then.
M816 would work as well, M900 series starts changing things a little too much.
All of these were aluminum type. Could use a set in the cab as well, doubt I'll ever find an M543A2 specific plate.
Any leads would be appreciated.

Anyone try a local engraving shop to get thee done by laser?

V/R Adrian Winget
Back from Afgnaistan and loving life working on the hobby.

vtdeucedriver

Ok, I'll post a pic tonight, but we now have a Vietnam issue M543A2 back in 1968 colors. (oldest marking I could find was under the hood for 10-07-68 Antifreeze)
Still have to do the markings and such, instal my Oxy Act set and the gear, but I have the Winter to get it done.
Looking for a set of dataplates, as the ones that were on there are totally faded out.
There was a nice set or five for sale here back in 2007...but we didn't have the girl then.
M816 would work as well, M900 series starts changing things a little too much.
All of these were aluminum type. Could use a set in the cab as well, doubt I'll ever find an M543A2 specific plate.
Any leads would be appreciated.

Anyone try a local engraving shop to get thee done by laser?

V/R Adrian Winget
Back from Afgnaistan and loving life working on the hobby.

GET INLINE!!!!! THE LINE ENDS BACK THERE!!!!! LOL Tell ya what, If I come across the data plates for the M543 I will let you know, if you find ones for the M62, you do the same:-D

vtdeucedriver

Crap we may be in luck!!!! Guess the old owner sold the business as he was MIA for a long time!!! Anyone been dealing with the new owner??? Guess I need to give him a call to fill in the ones that I am missing.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
That is supposed to be a set for an 816. I got them to see if any would work on the M108. As my luck goes, not a single one worked.

jhooah

Here's the before and "during" pics of her. Figure to make her 8th Transportation Group with the yellow nose, in support of "Eve of Destruction" (5T gun truck) sitting at Fort Eustis (about 10 miles away)
This way we can honor Vietnam, while supporting our local Forts present day activities like field days and such. Wish she had a canvas top, but the three color camo will get some 'vynil' green coloration in the Spring and that will blend better than letting rain into the cab.
V/R Adrian

Attachments

jhooah

With the exception of the automatic transmission shift plate these are identical (or close enough). I saw the sets that were for sale in 2007, but unless this is a set of them...and for sale.... they were $40 then :-Dguess that wouldn't happen now :cry:.
IS this set for sale?
The individual one's off the van and wrecker body list are correct if not overwhelming in variety. I'd really love a grouped set like shown in the photo.
V/R Adrian

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks