• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

5TH Gear Missing Teeth, Looking For A New Transmission

ptg530C

Considering that this transmission has been in production since the 1950's perhaps you should take some time out and investigate this yourself.

You are not stupid enough to think that this transmission was designed specifically for military usage, especially since most were built in England, but then again, someone does call you "general".

You must have earned that from all of your catchy 3 word posts.

m-35tom

Supporting Vendor
we just wanted to know what 'car' it may have come in. I already know all I need to know about what its original usages were, but a 30 series GM product is not a 'car', nor is an IHC school bus, etc.

Cleptomaniac

Yes I have searched all over and haven't found anything else it fits in! Some 4x4 guys were putting these trannys in their trucks but not the other way...

ATPTac

The deuce tranny weighs as much as an entire yugo.
Haha, that's what I was thinking myself.

Considering that this transmission has been in production since the 1950's perhaps you should take some time out and investigate this yourself.

You are not stupid enough to think that this transmission was designed specifically for military usage, especially since most were built in England, but then again, someone does call you "general".

No need to slam anybody. We are curious what car used that transmission, that's all. Nobody seems to be able to find any info on it other than its use in trucks.

skinnyR1

I think plenty of us have looked into this and come up empty. If you would be so kind to bestow your knowledge upon us, without being condescending, we would appreciate it.

AMGeneral

I had a similar incident happen to my deuce trans in 2005(?) on the way back from Aberdeen,except it lost a total of 34 teeth on 4 seperate gears.

It appears the driver I had in the deuce shifted from 4th to 3rd on a downhill coast instead of 4th to 5th.

All I can guess that happened was the 3rd synchro cage exploded,either from excessive speed or metal fatigue.

It actually cracked the main shaft and the trans case.

m-35tom

Supporting Vendor
I had a similar incident happen to my deuce trans in 2005(?) on the way back from Aberdeen,except it lost a total of 34 teeth on 4 seperate gears.

It appears the driver I had in the deuce shifted from 4th to 3rd on a downhill coast instead of 4th to 5th.

All I can guess that happened was the 3rd synchro cage exploded,either from excessive speed or metal fatigue.

It actually cracked the main shaft and the trans case.
both syncros are on the mainshaft which can never turn faster than the drive shaft, so i doubt anything other than just an old trans failing. chain reaction destruction sometimes follows.

shenkmen

Thanks for your help. Have a nice day!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks