• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

5th gear

JSharp6182

Please help new owner. Just got my deuce about a month ago. Was driving it this morning and shifted into 5th. No 5th. Just neutral. No noise. No leaks. Gear oil full. Any ideas or common problems?

jasonjc

There is no pin or key on fifth. Mine did the same thing here not long ago. Fifth spins on a bushing that has a shoulder on it. Mine the shoulder broke off and the grear whould not stay in place then. I have a post on here about it with pic's.

FMJ

In Memorial
In Memorial
Will the truck still move in all other gears?, or did it quit completely?

If it quit completely, check to make sure your transfercase did not drop down into neutral.

JSharp6182

Yes the vehicle will go in all other gears. I took the top off the trans and found the teeth are worn off of 5th. Any suggestions or reasons why? Also is it possible to remove 5th without removing trans by removing main shaft out of the rear?
Thanks for any and all help.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks