• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

5th Semi-Annual Texas Military Vehicle Rally

pistolnut

Pistolnut and I are talking about me dragging his Whistler behind mine to the event. We will then spend some of Friday and Saturday afternoon swapping out the entire wiring harness. Our thinking is that all of us spent hours sitting around talking last year after we got back from the show. We might as well be talking and doing something constructive at the same time. Him and I have been trying to find a weekend to do this wiring swap for about 4 years now.

Yep, I go to these things to visit with like-minded enthusiasts. The tractor disappointed me last weekend with a flat and failure to start so I couldn't get my cab swap done on the 715. My M-35 has been a back burner project for years now and although its really rough looking, mechanically its not far from being roadworthy, with the lights the biggest issue. This way I still get to bring a truck to talk about, hopefully make some progress on the long term project, and enjoy all of the other activities even though I still won't have a road-worthy truck to take to the Brent Mullins show. Lincoln and Tim and I have been planning a work weekend since the last meet and couldn't get schedules to work so maybe this is it. I'm really looking forward to seeing everyone.

Awesome Possum

Pistolnut and I are talking about me dragging his Whistler behind mine to the event. We will then spend some of Friday and Saturday afternoon swapping out the entire wiring harness. Our thinking is that all of us spent hours sitting around talking last year after we got back from the show. We might as well be talking and doing something constructive at the same time. Him and I have been trying to find a weekend to do this wiring swap for about 4 years now.

Lincoln needs to do some work to his truck and I imagine Allen will need something done to his once he rolls in. So, bring along your TM's and favorite tools if you want to help. Nobody has to work on anything.

My students were actually pretty glad to hear the M715 engine now has a window. They just want to work on stuff and don't have a clue what things cost.
Hey, my lawnmower didn't start last weekend. Can I bring this and get some help with it?

OL AG '89

soo we have $600 for the weekend, split 15 times????
$40 bucks each AND we GET to work on someone elses hoopie!!!

IS this correct????

MAN it don't get any better than this!!!
I'll bring bandaids and denatured alcohol!!!

wallew

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yup - Kinda like a women's quilting bee... they all really just get together to gossip, but use the excuse of making a quilt to warrant the get-together. "Idle hands are the devil's workshop."

What a concept!
John,

My wife has CONSISTENTLY SAID we are like a group of 'old women' when we get together as a group, 'yackity, yackity, yackity' about what type of repairs or additions we've made to our vehicles. Sigh... she's probably correct...

How did you say it to me earlier???

Something about 'boys and their toys'... chuckle

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
John,

My wife has CONSISTENTLY SAID we are like a group of 'old women' when we get together as a group, 'yackity, yackity, yackity' about what type of repairs or additions we've made to our vehicles. Sigh... she's probably correct...

How did you say it to me earlier???

Something about 'boys and their toys'... chuckle
I thnik this is the statement (excerpt) from that earlier email:

"(It) would be the chance to preserve and operate FMV's
to our little hearts' content..... Just a bunch of little boys trapped in adult
bodies trying to do the best that we can. <grin> "

These are just life-size Tonka Trucks.

OL AG '89

Alright, I'm planning on driving up Saturday morning for first part of day, so who's coming out of Houston area that wants to convoy that direction?
I'm in Kingwood, so I'll probably take 59N to FM1314 to loop 336 to SH105 to SH6.
Gonna leave early, 7am ish because I have to be back in KW for evening hoopla.

Lincoln,
What is the plan for meeting at BVORR? what time can we get in saturday?
Are we doing a convoy to lunch & then Museum or ?
Who has the OPs plan?

pistolnut

Allright, its been pretty quiet around here, I was worried I was the only one coming. The museum is open from 0900 to dark, the re-enactment is scheduled for 1400.

I'd like to see us depart for the museum in the 0930-1000 range which will give plenty of time to see the static displays and swap meet before the re-enactment. Since some of our folks are displaying vehicles, I don't know if there is an expectation that they be there at 0900 when the gates open. I'm sure Lincoln will weigh in shortly.

nofearnohope

Lincoln,
What is the plan for meeting at BVORR? what time can we get in saturday?
Are we doing a convoy to lunch & then Museum or ?
Who has the OPs plan?
We need to leave BVORR about 8:30 to convoy to the museum. We will be there from about 9am-2pm, then we will convoy back out to BVORR. After that, I believe a lot of us are going to do a working weekend where we help each other with stuff on our trucks.

OL AG '89

And now the P*sser... after a year of waitingand preparing for this rally to happen, I have other stuff more pressing to attend to.... have a hard deadline to meet, probably won't achieve it, but gonna try.
If i'm there it's because I'm shirking my other obligations and just dont give a D*mn.......
really bites, because I've done some cool stuff to the '09 now that I have a 3in1 welder and plasma torch....... maybe I'll just post the pictures.....
Lincoln, just draw the winner and I'll get the prize to them ......

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks