• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

5th wheel conversions

04mustang

Hi,
My city, for whom I work, has a m1088a1 with a 2" sliding Holland 5th wheel.
We are needing a 3.5" 5th wheel to tow a WD6S 6000 gallon water tanker.
Ive located a Holland 3.5" sliding 5th wheel from a frieghtliner m916a1. The slider rails look identical and they are both for 34" frame widths. My question is, if anyone knows, will I be able to slide the old smaller 5th wheel from the m1088a1 and slide in the larger 5th wheel without any modification?

The tan setup in the photos is of a m1088a1. The green one is the hitch ive located for sale from a m916a1.

Thank you,
corey

Attachments

fasttruck

Have you thought of just switching the lower fifth wheels and leave slider in place? that might work if the trunion pins are the the same size.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks