• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

5th WHEEL MOBILIZER ..? Hard to find..?

islandguydon

Steel Soldiers Supporter
ISO, Container Trailer. Hard to find..?

Does anyone know where I can find a 5th WHEEL MOBILIZER or Dedicated 20' ISO container trailer as pictured.

I have been looking hi and low for one. Can someone help out a poor white boy here..?

Attachments

Last edited:

islandguydon

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I did and I can not afford $36.857.00 to buy one. They have no leads on any used ones. I was told to get one off GL. So I figured some one on the site might have one or have a lead on one that works.

Derrickl112

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I did and I can not afford $36.857.00 to buy one. They have no leads on any used ones. I was told to get one off GL. So I figured some one on the site might have one or have a lead on one that works.

:roll:ouch. well you could atleast get the specs from them lol

466Navastar

it looks like a contraption - a HD rollback truck seems like a simpler route for transporting the shelter....any mishaps on the road and your attorney will be looking at you - any court is gonna want to know what planet this thing came from

also- sounds like a job to hook and unhook it to the shelter and it costs a lot of $$$$$$$$$$

Derrickl112

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks, That one went for $4,100.00 at GL. Auction was over on the 26th. I do not like dealing with GL. I would prefer to buy off the site or e-pay. This way I don't have to do a load out and fuss with the EUC BULLxxxT.

Don

the point was that it was a heavyduty lowbed trailer ;)

islandguydon

Steel Soldiers Supporter
What I want is a deicated 20' Container Trailer like this one, Can't find one anywhere. I am a patient man but I ave been looking for well over a year now.aua

Attachments

islandguydon

Steel Soldiers Supporter

dc3coyote

Well if it makes you any happier, the ISO container is cheap. You can buy a used one for only a couple thousand. 2500 for a 40'. I also have pile of CSC stickers and am more than willing to certify them. Most of the time when I see private people moving them they use a 20 car hauler. The container is more than strong enough to survive the unloading process.

islandguydon

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well if it makes you any happier, the ISO container is cheap. You can buy a used one for only a couple thousand. 2500 for a 40'. I also have pile of CSC stickers and am more than willing to certify them. Most of the time when I see private people moving them they use a 20 car hauler. The container is more than strong enough to survive the unloading process.
I already have one, an Armored Ballistic 2 man shelter container, 20' x 9' I am just looking to mobilize it. Thanks, Don

Attachments

Last edited:

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
What am I missing here????

Are you saying that the rig as pictured is too tall????

If not get a trailer like that and use it.

As far as the 13'6'' height limitation most interstate bridges are at a min 14 feet or better.

Over height loads are routinely hauled all over the country with a permit.

If you get a commercial truckers road atlas it will tell you the height of most of the bridges in the US. Motor Carriers' Atlases - Road Atlases

My original suggestion stands.....weld a frame with pintle lunnette on the front......apply three heavy axles with springs amidships and haul boogie.

I hauled military freight in the Army and was a civilian trucker for years.......IMHO you are making this far more complicated than it is.

islandguydon

Steel Soldiers Supporter
What am I missing here????

Are you saying that the rig as pictured is too tall????

If not get a trailer like that and use it.

As far as the 13'6'' height limitation most interstate bridges are at a min 14 feet or better.

Over height loads are routinely hauled all over the country with a permit.

If you get a commercial truckers road atlas it will tell you the height of most of the bridges in the US. Motor Carriers' Atlases - Road Atlases

My original suggestion stands.....weld a frame with pintle lunnette on the front......apply three heavy axles with springs amidships and haul boogie.

I hauled military freight in the Army and was a civilian trucker for years.......IMHO you are making this far more complicated than it is.

Thanks, The one its sitting on is not mine and is in another state. I appreciate all your help and effort. I'm a kinda plug and play guy so I am looking for a simple trailer to haul 1 thing with out making the trailer. Thank you. Don

islandguydon

Steel Soldiers Supporter