• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

5ton air leak

PMF5150

Hi All I have a m931a2 and it has an air leak that puzzles me you hear the leak when you exit the truck it sounds like its coming from the engine air intake up near the door? I know there are three lines that attach to the air filter housing what are they? and could one of these be the culprit? thanks Paul

99nouns

Your transfer case air cylinder's rubber seal is old and leaking Wes got them in stock cheap. But air cylinder is on top of the t-case you can even temporarily block it to isolate the problem to see if thats it. Search the forms for it you will see. That cylinder is under the spare tire carrier.

Jericho

there are a number of threads on here on the same subject. just use the search button block on the top right of the header page. I have the same problem on my M 931A2 so far ive changed two Emergency brake microswitchs at the primary and secondary tanks , leaking . The PPV valve, pressurization protection Valve leaking, the low range selector valve at the transfer case , leaking, The AIR DRYER ASSEMBLY, bleed valve wouldn't close, Might mention I put on an MRAP dryer, NO MORE MOUISTURE in the system, works really good easy install. Emergency/air spring brake valve at brake handle. and the brake valve at the front mount , still have noise, but fewer leaks , forgot shutterstat air leak, wet tank check valve is next biggest problem was no one regularly drained the air takes, the valves are mostly aluminum and all corroded If you find the cause please post , its a common problem

Jericho

Don't know about selling it 99, but have been working to fix all the pesky little leaks . Will have to check the xfer case valve, I don't have any issues shifting into or out of low range, but its worth a shot . Thanks 99

99nouns

Oh no I was just trying to be funny, dont sell it, I even never knew that there was so many other places that could even be a problem, by the way I am sure you would know it is a $90k truck.

That top cylinder has a constant pressure and if seal leaks you will loose air quickly, or you can block the air going to after removing the lock rod inside the cylinder housing, I have been without it since 2014.

Jericho

Sorry 99 was tired and missed the pun. I signed for a load of m931A2 s once before I retired. AF paid 87.000.00 ea for the basic trucks. They came with five spare engines , transmissions and 2 sets or axels as part of the purchase for each truck along with a spares kit. The total per truck was 277.O00.00 it included five years of tech support and a 3 year warranty . It was the first time I had done vehicle aqusition. Prior to that I had done jet Engine Aquasition . A jet engine Level Two 2 maint shop spare tool and special tool/ equipment account for F 16 s was 780 million dollars in 1990 , so needless to say I thought the trucks were cheap Always stuck in my mind price wise The amazing thing with the m931 that has surprised me is the vast difference in prices in some parts. The shutter stat is rediculous for what it is and the fan clutch is just plain stupid expensive. I shop around and have found the best sources are right here from other SS members

99nouns

Yeah no worries we all are family here, I am sure you would have some cool stories to tell, maybe one day :).

I truly believe if we didn't have the SS we would not be able to keep up with this hobby.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks