• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

5ton hard steering??

Steamynachos

Hi all My m813 steers heavy very heavy when I turn to the left but turning to the right you can use one finger. Sometimes it's hard both ways I checked the fluid level and it's up to the top the belts are a little loose they look old but don't make a noise when turning any idea what else it could be or are they suppose to be like this?

papercu

steering

The 260-20 manual (found in the TM section) gives detailed testing of the steering, could be anything from low tire pressure to improper toe-in adjustment. Good luck, Wayne

acetomatoco

RE: steering

I have a good takeoff power steering pump for $100. Remember that these units use engine oil and not ATF or some hokey power steering fluid... see the lube order...

Steamynachos

looking into the pump I noticed it looks like regular power steering fluid in the pump could this be my problem? would this wreck the pump? can the system be bled and new oil be added? thanks Ace I might just takeyou up on that pump for a spare if this one is shot.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks