• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

5ton trans question

Pappa-G

JWALLER,
Thanks for the answer but it seems odd. There isn't any vent cover like on the diffs? Why bother having a threaded female fitting??

70deuce

I took an old deuce fuel line with the same female side of that open fitting, attached it at that end and let let the other end hang down below the tranny. the line is about 14" long. Its got to be better than the open verticle fitting. Its just the vent side as I understand but sure looks like it lets all kinds of junk into the air system or tranny.

70deuce

Correction!! The deuce fuel line has the correct MALE fitting to match the female fitting on the tranny. Was thinking of something else. :p Hate when that happens!!!

area52

I don't think it would let much junk in, since every time you shift from 1rst to reverse or the other way it vents air out and blows the crap out.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks