• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

5tons

roklogan

was thinking of selling my deuce and purchasing either the 800 series 923 series 5 ton truck , any pos or neg feedback on either of these would be helpfull thanks.............

Derrickl112

Steel Soldiers Supporter
well if your going to do alot of hauling i would get an m813 since it has a manual trans. for cruising around i would get a m923/m925

i like the looks of the m939's. the wider cab and tilting hood are nice too.

Last edited:

R Racing

I have 2 with a 3rd on the way of the m809 series trucks and love them !!! I test drove a m923 the other day as well and it was a more refined truck like stepping up from a m35a2 to a m35a3. The 1 draw back I do see with the m900 style is the air brakes. While the are excellent for stopping . Some states treat them and license them the same as tractor trailer trucks . which means higher insurance and a commercial license.

Bighurt

The 1 draw back I do see with the m900 style is the air brakes. While the are excellent for stopping . Some states treat them and license them the same as tractor trailer trucks . which means higher insurance and a commercial license.
That is slowly changing but still state dependent. Valid point for sure.

rossM4

i have got to ride in a few 5 tons but my dream is to go big and get a hemtt. whenever i get a 150,000 a year job or win the lottery. its nice to have dreams:)

Derrickl112

Steel Soldiers Supporter
i have got to ride in a few 5 tons but my dream is to go big and get a hemtt. whenever i get a 150,000 a year job or win the lottery. its nice to have dreams:)

you already know the first step....the second is to find somone whos actually willing to part with theirs!

Westex

For what it's worth I just bought a 923ESP from a fellow member and friend on this site. It drives like a dream. Caterpillar engine and an Allison push-button transmission. Straight air brakes, but in Texas I don't need a CDL because of that alone. So far I'm very happy with the truck and it will serve me well for my intended use(s). I started with Deuces, but this 5 ton is much, much bigger.

midcounty

Keep in mind fuel mileage will be less on the 5 ton, and you don't have the multifuel engine. In off roading you won't be able to go in as tight of areas as the Deuce, due to the size difference. If you get the 5 ton stuck, you now have 20k plus pounds to pull out opposed to the Deuce's 14k pounds. All that said, I love my 818 and hope to get a 923A2 one day. I don't plan to sell my Deuces though. My advise would be keep the Deuce and buy the 5 ton ;)

Truckoholic

I love my M813 5 ton, but I couldn't believe how much funner and easier my M35 was to drive when I got it. A lot quieter too. My M813 has power steering, so it's easier to steer, but because it is so big and heavy and has such heavy springs, the ride is rough as **** while the deuce is much more pleasant of a ride. The deuce is a bit more zippy if you will. ha ha. I love my trucks big, but I could really see driving my M35 as a daily driver, but not my M813. The engine fan noise is what bothers me the most on my M813. It is so loud! If it was just engine noise roaring, I love that! But the fan noise just drives me nuts! Thinking about putting a fan clutch or flex fan or something on there to minimize that dang fan noise.

But anyway, yeah, the 5 tons are awesome trucks. And the 923 with an automatic would probably make one even funner and easier to drive, but yeah, it was really surprising to me how much funner my m35 was to drive since I got it second.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks