• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

6.2-6.5 long block or short block questions?

microjeep

In Memorial
In Memorial
The issue I had with IP was 6.5 pump that came on replacement motor (24v) had a different return spring that felt like was binding on the 6.2 (12v) solenoid cover

Bighorn

How much oil you burnin bra?
If it is less than 1 qt per 500 miles, you sure as **** don't have a hole in your piston.
In fact, 1qt per 1 k mi is normal for s used engine.
I think you might be trippin.

microjeep

In Memorial
In Memorial
Original post asked for suggestions about replacing an engine, I made mine based on my personal experience, what this forum is about, and took time to cover some of the basics about this install, my post #21 was to clarify what I thought was a question in post #19 about my original post.

Last edited:

Bighorn

Original post asked for suggestions about replacing an engine, I made mine based on my personal experience, what this forum is about, and took time to cover some of the basics about this install, my post #21 was to clarify what I thought was a question in post #19 about my original post. I am so sorry that I waisted a moment of your time it took to read my post
Then make your own post.
We are not trying to be nasty here.
But hijacking a thread means others get confused down the line.
Everyone wants to see your marvel.
But we want to see Drock's too.
You are confusing the two.

microjeep

In Memorial
In Memorial
Just suggested an upgrade and wanted to let Drock know the issues involved, most people just say " easy swap".

Last edited:

Bighorn

Calm yourself.
This is a GM product.
What they failed at was electrical not mechanical.
This motor; based on video evidence, is fine.
Yea, aint normal.
But fine.
He drives it everyday.
Runs fine.
Won't give me a compression test, but runs fine.
Run it.
If it were catastrophic, been done now.

Bighorn

The bounty.. hunter?
Arrgghh!
Whatever happens, don't let him get the truth.
Hey, here's a biscut!

Done playing nice here.
Administrator; please delete my account.
You have nothing here to teach.
Tired of your stupid members.

cucvmule

collector of stuff
Some, most helpful thoughts. Some uptight delete my account I am better than a rotten apple.

Seriously Drock, try and source out either an engine through adds, salvage yard, good runner or builder. Pull pan if you can, look at bottom end and check out to see if you can rebuild when you get some scratch. I have three or five in the barn just for cores or parts.

6.2's are getting hard to source just anywhere, so always be on the lookout because most guys just replace with a gas engine and trash the Detroit, pick it up for free

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks