• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

6.2 banks turbo kit

dayers024

Hey so Iv been trying to research a little on these kits. I love the truck and just want it to be more of a beast then it is now. Not sure if anyone has experience with this or not. Would the transmission need to be changed to run the turbo?

Gunfighter1

I turboed mine using parts from a 6.5, cheaper and readily available. Theres been a lot of threads on here about it its not to hard to do. Your transmission will be fine as long as its in good shape and not already on its last legs.

Tinstar

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
This has been covered in detail in past threads.

Tons of info in them. Search and most of your questions have already been covered.

Just fyi

Gunfighter1

Was it worth putting the turbo on? Noticeable difference
Yeah it actually performs like a truck now. Definite notice in power increase. It wont roast the tires but sure moves alot faster when you hit the stupid peddle. Worth it for me, i think i maybe have 1K into my kit. I sourced all my parts used from a 6.5.

Last edited:

sandcobra164

My experience with turboing a 6.2 is somewhat limited as I have never attempted it. Member Stonepicker gave me a ride in his M1028A2 dually some years ago at the GAMVR and that truck could spin tires on pavement. When we got on the dirt road, it almost slithered around as bad as my Trans Am when he stomped on the Go Pedal. I do recall that he had a Banks Sidewinder kit, had relocated 2 Optima redtop batteries into a single battery tray and likely quite a few other mods that I forgot about over the years. I think he had a 6.5 engine it it but I am sure he will correct me if he sees this. That truck could roll and had real snappy throttle response. If mine was not so original, I would consider doing something similar.

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks