• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

6.2 diesel engine block question

a68cudas

I need to rebuild an engine in a m1009. The original block looks nice except for some cracks along webs around mains and with cracks you dont know how long till it goes. Is there /are there any companies that just manufacture the engine block? Are there companies out there that just make bare engine blocks for people to bebuild? What about surplus suppliers do they carry such blocks. Thanks

2002ford

Search GL. There is a thread on it now. Its hit or miss on there engines. I have an engine that runs and you can drive it but I cant part with it until spring. Keep your eyes open Cuda.

Atwater

not sure about anyone selling new 6.2 blocks but it looks like 6.5 blocks are around. it does not sound like a cheap deal. ever think about just ordering a complete rebuilt 6.5 with all the updates + turbo? again not cheap but would eliminate a lot of hassle. cheapest thing though would be another used 6.2.

Skinny

Optimizer 6.5 looks like one of the best drop in replacements as far as fitment goes but it is electronically controlled. Not sure if you can get just a bare 6.5 Optimizer long block and keep it mechanical (turbo or NA). Last time I looked up the price on that engine, I remember saying to myself how much better a Cummins or Isuzu swap would be at that point.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks