• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

6.2 engine GSA score/fail?

hairtrigger

So I bought 3 of the 6.2 motors and case for $300. 1 of the engines is completly brand new. still has all the paint on the bolts from assembly. My concern is, it had motor knocks written on the valve cover. So I pulled oil pan, and valve covers. Everything looks good, and dont see what could be going on. How far should I tare this motor apart? I almost want to just install it and see what happens.

On the plus side, it looks like the injectors and injector pump are brand new. Though there is some rust on everything.

Attachments

jaymcb

when you say 'brand new' has it even been run? If it hasn't how would they know it knocks?

running it on a stand seems to make sense if you can do it, and have a question about a knock. I'd be pretty unhappy if I went through all the work to have dropped a motor in and it knocked on startup.

Hasbeen

Will it spin all the way thru now? We supplied a LOT of 6.5 replacement engines to Uncle Sam, and the biggest
complaint was "Engine Knocks"....in almost every case it was a bad (stuck) injector from water /trash in the fuel.
I`ll bet you`ve got a win. May have a bug or two to work out, but like jeeplvr247 said, the parts value already makes it a win.
Good luck, and keep us posted, I`m going to be doing the same thing on a pile of 6.5 engines in a few weeks.

Hasbeen

ranchhopper

Will it spin all the way thru now? We supplied a LOT of 6.5 replacement engines to Uncle Sam, and the biggest
complaint was "Engine Knocks"....in almost every case it was a bad (stuck) injector from water /trash in the fuel.
I`ll bet you`ve got a win. May have a bug or two to work out, but like jeeplvr247 said, the parts value already makes it a win.
Good luck, and keep us posted, I`m going to be doing the same thing on a pile of 6.5 engines in a few weeks.

Hasbeen
I concur I would bet its just a sticky injector.

ctmustang

As long as you have the pan off go ahead and pull the caps and look at the bearings- I would agree with a stuck injector as they are really loud. Looks like a good score