• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

6.2 engine

GM72K10

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Just found about 9 or 10 more 6.2s on GL

Event #7853 Lot #7506, 07, 08, 09
Auction Postings: Please abide by the following rules concerning the posting of auction information in the forums:
• Do NOT post about future or current GL/GSA auctions. You may post about any auction after the auction is closed

papercu

"Good used" was/should be key words, while you can test run one in the can (see threads) I wouldn't completely agree in the can means "good used". Wayne

BTW Hogg you are able to delete your post, see edit at the bottom of your posts.

Last edited:

91W350

As many as there are with broken main bearing webbing and broken crankshafts from too much rpm, small parts like that should be available at your local engine rebuild shop.

MuleMac01

Military vehicle collector
Steel Soldiers Supporter
How 'bout a runner civilian J-code motor? Use it and Swap your CUCV-specific accessory bits over...

'Tanner'

as i recall the civilian blazers and pickup trucks got the C- code 6.2 engine the cucv's got the J - code engine i could be wrong :shock::oops:

beanman1

some civii models came with a j code engine like the older k30 (1984 model and some other ones also) but my question is the military model j code block the same as the civii j code block, should be and how wore out is the civii engine and i am also working on something right now that is closer to me with another member right now

Huntingman2706217

dude... txt me or call me before 9pm... i know where one is with a TH400 tranny... 11k from a K5... already out... sitting down the road from me man... he told me $1,400 for both... 678-588-6661... if you get this after 9pm then txt me from 4am till i get off work tomorrow at 3pm and ill call you then if still need be... and ill give details... or at least txt me your number so i can buzz ya when i get off... i was gonna buy it but then i drove home a K5 for $1100 with the 6.2... lol...

Huntingman2706217

beanman1... if all u need is a crank look on govliq... they got abunch in warner robins right now... but there in unknown condition... i called on them since i work down there and he said just pick one or two you wanna look at and they will open them for you... but he said he wont open them all again to see which ones the best... gotta go by the pics on which one looks the most complete... lol... whole engine and container like $150... you probly already know this though... lol

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks