• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

6.2 Front Main Seal Replacement

Craig C

Anyone have a write up on replacing the front main seal on the 6.2L, short cuts etc........any info would be appreciated.

Thanks,

jdeoliveira74

Craig
are you talking about the rear main seal in the engine... if so you need to pull the oil pan and oil pump to replace its and old rope seal and the new one will be neoprene. You can push the new one in and push out the old. You will have to jack up the frame of the truck to drop the suspension in order to get the oil pan down past the breather on the front diff. I suggest changing the oil punp while you have it appart. I didn't Change mine and I now have some low oil pressure. Kicking myself in the butt

Craig C

No, the front seal....unfortunately. I believe I found enough info though to get the job done....just alot of work.

]I'm replacing the harmonic balancer so doing the whole 9 yrds like you said on the pump.

I like your profile pic, can you send me a pic of the engine compartment, I see you have a diff. breather intake on yours, Do is quiet down things as well as breath better???

Thanks,

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks