• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

6.2 hatched

wilogger

Well guys there was a broken off glow plug in my my engine it must of been fused to the piston when I bought it. Anyway it broke free & cracked my block 2nd day driving it! The truck has 25,000 miles & no rust thats rare around here, I paid $2000.00 for it, I could sell it for that right now to a guy. I found a 6.2, they want $1500.00 for it, seems high to me What do u guys think about the situation?

chevyCUCV

That sucks
The gp can sit in the precup for a long time, just bad luck that it fell down the hole into the piston.

Going rate for 6.2's on craigslist is 300 and up. Plenty of people are ready to scrap 6.2's and 80's trucks so they are easy to come by
Get a takeout engine swap it in and your good to go

truck1

If the replacement 6.2 is a good runner I say go for it.3500$ total in a CUCV is not bad.I paid 3000$ for my 1028 BEFORE I put any upgrades into it.They are great trucks for their designed purpose.I love mine.Off road it is bullet proof.I use it primarily to get to my country property(great mileage),and once there it wheels great with the 456's and beefy drivetrain.Add a gear vendor and you've got a decent all around work truck.I've got about 10K invested in my 1028 and when you price out a new Dodge or GM rig @ 50-60K,the CUCV looks very nice.And its paid for.Go for it.2cents

wilogger

I hear what your saying, this truck for me is a back up work truck, I cant stick to much into it as funds are tight. Been having lots of spendy breakdowns lately. I'll probably look for a cheaper 6.2 engine. This cucv's been sitting for who knows how long I'm worried what else might need fixin. I sure loved driving it though, & your right they are beefy trucks!

Where are you located in WI?
I am going down to take a look at an M1009 I found on CL on the southside of Milwaukee on Sunday.
I'm going down to look for some random interior parts and tires. He's parting it out, most of the body is stripped. But it has a complete engine with 80,XXX k mi. The fuel lines under the truck rotted out, but it ran before the fuel lines. He was asking $325 for it last I checked.
I can check the engine out for you when I go down.

wilogger

Sounds good Driverside thanks a mill. I wanted to say that the $1500.00 6.2 has 8,000 miles not 600 miles & I did get him down to $1000.00 still high in my book. On a side note I used to go to the auctions in the early 90's at Ft. Mcoy & you could get some cheap deals on surplus items, they had a tag with the set price on the item & you just had to be fast to grab it. Guys sure are bidding things up now a days.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks