• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

6.2 headers

Sharecropper

Steel Soldiers Supporter
250hp and 450ft lbs torque naturally aspirated?
Yep. That is the spec of the P400. It is the engine for the new upfit NXT360 HMMWV which weighs over 15,000 pounds. Watch my rebuild thread for photos. Engine is due in here within a few days.

red

Diesels cannot have valve overlap, the pistons would hit the valves at TDC. High compression ratio. ..so the value of headers is minimum to start. Headers work to reduce back pressure at higher engine speed dynamically. This increases volumetric efficiency at higher speed. Speeds which are limited by diesel injection speed. So exhaust manifolds are designed to reduce low speed restriction without attention to scavenging. The runners would have to be very long to be effective and at that, the benefit is nil.
All diesels have far more valve overlap than gasoline engines, part of the reason why they are so much louder. Couple pics from the book are easier than tearing apart an engine to make a video.

IMG_20180719_160848041.jpg

As to headers, agreed there really isn't much of a point to them on a diesel when they respond so well to a turbo.

Attachments

Last edited:

Iceman3005

According to AMG, it's 250 hp and 550 ft. Lbs. N/A. Add a turbo and watch that number increase greatly. Add water-meth injection, that should add another 100 hp and drop egt's by 300-400 degrees.

Sent from my SM-G928P using Tapatalk

cwc

Steel Soldiers Supporter
red, that looks like a nice book, what's the title?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

red

red, that looks like a nice book, what's the title?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That book is:
Fundamentals of Medium/Heavy Duty Diesel Engines

ISBN: 9781284067057

It's about 1400 pages total. Has a few paragraphs in it that are great when dealing with K&N air filter fanboys hahaha.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks