• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

6.2 HMMWV in a CUCV ??

Westech

CPL
do a search.. many many posts on this... it was just posted a couple of weeks ago.

You need different injection pump switch, oil pan and pick up, different glow plugs, water pump and pullys.

Nonotagain

For starters unless you are going to put a four inch lift or better on it you will have to swap out the oil pan then the intake and exhaust manifolds will need to be swapped with CUCV stock ones the hummer intake is to low to use the stock air cleaner setup.Then we come to the back of the engine you will need a stock CUCV vacuum pump it slips in where the stock one goes in the CUCV then you need to change the bracket for the accelerator cable the hummer bracket is much lower than the CUCV stock one and your accelerator wont work.Then there is the IP solonoid the hummer is 24 volt the truck will start but will not shut down useing the stock hummer solonoid I switched the IP cover with a stock CUCV unit but there is a tab on the right side inside the cover that will need to be trimmed off as not to catch the casting on the inside of the pump.I put a 6.5 in my 1009 and really like it but its a lot of work.You can get away with useing the stock water pump as long as the engine is set up useing V belts if your hummer engine has the serpentine belt setup you will need to get a stock CUCV water pump as the rotation is reversed with the serpentine system.

Or he could just purchase the 6.2 CUCV engine in a can that I have and call it a day.

PM me if interested.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
That would work I can tell you from experience it is a lot of work changing everythingover .I just sold the only CUCV 6.2 I had left there isnt many out there and you cant tell anyone where one is at auction or the auction police will pounce on you.
Sure you can, PMs are up and working. There is also the phone and email! Certainly this forum isn't your only line of communications.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks