• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

6.2 Injector line question, helping friend

spicergear

Apparently this is leaking at the ferule nut. I received this picture and he thinks these may be cracks in the ferule. Any 6.2 experts have thoughts on this? Also, if it is cracked, anyone have any spare injector lines around?

1988-1996 6.2 - 6.5 is what a diesel parts page is saying injector lines will work.

THANKS!!!

Attachments

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have an extra set of lines off a CUCV but that looks like a van and subsequently has different length injectors/lines.

Barrman

I don't know about those lines Tom. I got 6 6.2's at the house right now and none of them have the lines on the nut.

1988 is when they were supposed to go to the shorter injectors across the production line. Those injectors need different injection lines than the older long injectors. I can't tell from the angle of the picture which style injectors those are. Just wanted to back up what Kenny wrote about there being two different style of lines and injectors out there.

spicergear

He's pretty sure it '88-'96 6.2 & 6.5 so I guess the short injectors.

This is not a part that can be taken to a local garage. Remember the guy months ago in Russia looking for an exhaust valve? I got him that valve and the engine is back together but I guess has a couple of injector lines leaking at the ferules so I'm trying to see what I can do here. Thanks and keep the answers or spare part availability coming. I'll be purchasing them if it's determined to be the exact cause.

Barrman

Is that the way it works? Long injector lines on short injectors, but not short injector lines on long injectors. I know one way will cross over, but the other won't. I have enough trouble getting some of my long lines on long injectors to line up and stop leaking that I haven't gone looking for other combinations.

Tom, the problem probably isn't the nut. The ball end of the line is real easy to crack if over tightened and sometimes a severe pain to get clean enough not to dribble once taken apart. Have him pull it apart and check for cracks in the end of the line. If that is ok. Then have him clean and clean and clean both the top of the injector and the end of the line. It si supposed to be something like 25-30 lbft max on those things. I know each of mine are a lot more than that to stop dribbles.

Is this a sudden leak or a leak after working on it kind of thing? I ask because if the injector is just a hair not tight enough. It will start to spin as the line is tighten down the last little bit and never let it get leak proof tight. That make sense?

dstang97

Is that the way it works? Long injector lines on short injectors, but not short injector lines on long injectors. I know one way will cross over, but the other won't. I have enough trouble getting some of my long lines on long injectors to line up and stop leaking that I haven't gone looking for other combinations.

not sure on short lines long injector

But 100% long lines short injector.

Barrman

Cool, thanks for confirming that. I have a set of short injectors, but no lines for them besides the older long injector lines.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Shorter injectors longer lines. Longer injectors, shorter lines. Overall height of the combination needs to be close so that they can be attached to the valve cover.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks