• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

6.2 IP rebuilt ...

MAZ537

Hello guys,

I was finally able to have my IP removed for a rebuild.
Now rebuilder says that the rebuild will cost a lot more as the counterweights are stuck for sitting too long without working.
Can anyone please confirm if this is correct ?

Thank you!

Garagefull

I think they might be referring to a seized rotor head,which distributes the presssurized/metered fuel to the injector. If the rebuilder doesnt use correct terminology,you might consider a diff vendor. Those rotor heads are expensive. If you take those pumps apart, they are very simple. If the rotor is seized, you should’ve discovered that during pump removal as it probably would’ve snapped the driveshaft off inside the pump while the bolts were being removed from the top timing gear. The only other component I think they may be referring to would be the governor ring which is a service part during the rebuild anyway. Do you know if there was any water in the fuel system?

LT67

Thank you very much for your help guys !!!

Finally, they have it rebuilt correctly...I will get back with news on Monday !
Sweet... good to hear. I think some of the pricing on having an inj pump rebuilt has to do where the shop is located. I think it wound up costing $535 for a local shop in rural west Ga to rebuild my inj pump.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks