• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

6.2 l /3 speed conversion to 6.5na/4 sp; A1 body harness adaptable to aftermarket tcm

hello gentleman as always i am amazed at the knowledge base that exists on this site ! unreal stuff that aint in no manual!!!
we are redoing a couple 6.2 l/3 speeds and doing 6.5 l na /4 speeds have been searching form findings snippits of info but the question is ; we have an aftermarket tcm and harness can we tap into the existing A1 m998 body harness for power etc to the tcm if so any specifics ? we have 2 more units behind this one that are in same boat and i have 3 military green box tcms and harnesses can the military setup be adapted to the A1 m998 main body harness ? if i have to buy the A2 harness any info on who carries it and or part number ? as always deeply appreciated !

BLK HMMWV

I'm not following. you say you have 3 military green box TCM's and harnesses. do you mean you just have a small pigtail of wire that's been chopped off the main body wiring harness still attached to the TCM ?
If you plan on running the military TCM you will need to either make a new main body harness or purchase one.
hold on to your wallet if you plan on trying to purchase one. I don't think there are any available in stock in the U.S. however I could be wrong. I think they were north of $1,500
Either RWH , 86hummv , or Ted Gates here on the boards could probably find you a part #
You may find useful info here. https://forums.g503.com/viewtopic.php?f=63&t=221765&p=1303032
Best of luck.

Retiredwarhorses

Steel Soldiers Supporter
hello gentleman as always i am amazed at the knowledge base that exists on this site ! unreal stuff that aint in no manual!!!
we are redoing a couple 6.2 l/3 speeds and doing 6.5 l na /4 speeds have been searching form findings snippits of info but the question is ; we have an aftermarket tcm and harness can we tap into the existing A1 m998 body harness for power etc to the tcm if so any specifics ? we have 2 more units behind this one that are in same boat and i have 3 military green box tcms and harnesses can the military setup be adapted to the A1 m998 main body harness ? if i have to buy the A2 harness any info on who carries it and or part number ? as always deeply appreciated !

I would be more concerned that you are doing this as a business and have no clue what your doing in regards to this conversion. There is a lot of info out there on this topic, I’m certain you haven’t used the search function or google.

I'm not following. you say you have 3 military green box TCM's and harnesses. do you mean you just have a small pigtail of wire that's been chopped off the main body wiring harness still attached to the TCM ?
If you plan on running the military TCM you will need to either make a new main body harness or purchase one.
hold on to your wallet if you plan on trying to purchase one. I don't think there are any available in stock in the U.S. however I could be wrong. I think they were north of $1,500
Either RWH , 86hummv , or Ted Gates here on the boards could probably find you a part #
You may find useful info here. https://forums.g503.com/viewtopic.php?f=63&t=221765&p=1303032
Best of luck.
sorry no was saying I have 3 mil spec tcm (in the green box) as well as 3 harnesses essentially plug n play but /the bodies they will be going to be mated with are all m998 w A1 body harness thus nothing to attach the tcm to ! I do have 1 aftermarket tcm and harness and I believe I can use that and get by with the A1 body harness (Part#: 12339345 ). But there is no way to use the military tcm with an A1 body harness? correct /
u r correct on $$$$$$$$$ so far 2400 is cheapest I have seen an A2 body harness (Part 12460097)/

86humv

Steel Soldiers Supporter
sorry no was saying I have 3 mil spec tcm (in the green box) as well as 3 harnesses essentially plug n play but /the bodies they will be going to be mated with are all m998 w A1 body harness thus nothing to attach the tcm to ! I do have 1 aftermarket tcm and harness and I believe I can use that and get by with the A1 body harness (Part#: 12339345 ). But there is no way to use the military tcm with an A1 body harness? correct /
u r correct on $$$$$$$$$ so far 2400 is cheapest I have seen an A2 body harness (Part 12460097)/
The first line you say you have 3 tcm's and 3 harnesses......what Harnesses are they ?