• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

6.2 l /3 speed conversion to 6.5na/4 sp; A1 body harness adaptable to aftermarket tcm

hello gentleman as always i am amazed at the knowledge base that exists on this site ! unreal stuff that aint in no manual!!!
we are redoing a couple 6.2 l/3 speeds and doing 6.5 l na /4 speeds have been searching form findings snippits of info but the question is ; we have an aftermarket tcm and harness can we tap into the existing A1 m998 body harness for power etc to the tcm if so any specifics ? we have 2 more units behind this one that are in same boat and i have 3 military green box tcms and harnesses can the military setup be adapted to the A1 m998 main body harness ? if i have to buy the A2 harness any info on who carries it and or part number ? as always deeply appreciated !

BLK HMMWV

I'm not following. you say you have 3 military green box TCM's and harnesses. do you mean you just have a small pigtail of wire that's been chopped off the main body wiring harness still attached to the TCM ?
If you plan on running the military TCM you will need to either make a new main body harness or purchase one.
hold on to your wallet if you plan on trying to purchase one. I don't think there are any available in stock in the U.S. however I could be wrong. I think they were north of $1,500
Either RWH , 86hummv , or Ted Gates here on the boards could probably find you a part #
You may find useful info here. https://forums.g503.com/viewtopic.php?f=63&t=221765&p=1303032
Best of luck.

Retiredwarhorses

Steel Soldiers Supporter
hello gentleman as always i am amazed at the knowledge base that exists on this site ! unreal stuff that aint in no manual!!!
we are redoing a couple 6.2 l/3 speeds and doing 6.5 l na /4 speeds have been searching form findings snippits of info but the question is ; we have an aftermarket tcm and harness can we tap into the existing A1 m998 body harness for power etc to the tcm if so any specifics ? we have 2 more units behind this one that are in same boat and i have 3 military green box tcms and harnesses can the military setup be adapted to the A1 m998 main body harness ? if i have to buy the A2 harness any info on who carries it and or part number ? as always deeply appreciated !

I would be more concerned that you are doing this as a business and have no clue what your doing in regards to this conversion. There is a lot of info out there on this topic, I’m certain you haven’t used the search function or google.

I'm not following. you say you have 3 military green box TCM's and harnesses. do you mean you just have a small pigtail of wire that's been chopped off the main body wiring harness still attached to the TCM ?
If you plan on running the military TCM you will need to either make a new main body harness or purchase one.
hold on to your wallet if you plan on trying to purchase one. I don't think there are any available in stock in the U.S. however I could be wrong. I think they were north of $1,500
Either RWH , 86hummv , or Ted Gates here on the boards could probably find you a part #
You may find useful info here. https://forums.g503.com/viewtopic.php?f=63&t=221765&p=1303032
Best of luck.
sorry no was saying I have 3 mil spec tcm (in the green box) as well as 3 harnesses essentially plug n play but /the bodies they will be going to be mated with are all m998 w A1 body harness thus nothing to attach the tcm to ! I do have 1 aftermarket tcm and harness and I believe I can use that and get by with the A1 body harness (Part#: 12339345 ). But there is no way to use the military tcm with an A1 body harness? correct /
u r correct on $$$$$$$$$ so far 2400 is cheapest I have seen an A2 body harness (Part 12460097)/

86humv

Steel Soldiers Supporter
sorry no was saying I have 3 mil spec tcm (in the green box) as well as 3 harnesses essentially plug n play but /the bodies they will be going to be mated with are all m998 w A1 body harness thus nothing to attach the tcm to ! I do have 1 aftermarket tcm and harness and I believe I can use that and get by with the A1 body harness (Part#: 12339345 ). But there is no way to use the military tcm with an A1 body harness? correct /
u r correct on $$$$$$$$$ so far 2400 is cheapest I have seen an A2 body harness (Part 12460097)/
The first line you say you have 3 tcm's and 3 harnesses......what Harnesses are they ?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks