• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

6.2 M1028 Banks Turbo Questions

mead

I've got a non-turbo '85 6.2 m1028 k30, and I was looking at putting a turbo on it. I found a Banks 6.2turbo that is attached to a '92 6.2 motor (which does not run). I can purchase both for $300, but the only issue is whether the new body style 6.2 banks turbo parts will work will my OBS truck and engine (Banks makes a 6.2 kit for OBS and a kit for New Body Style 6.2 trucks). I would imagine it can fit with modification, but just how much is required and how much would it cost? Would I be better off finding a 6.5 turbo and modding that onto the engine?

Any advice would be helpful!

Drock

The only issue I could for see would be the exhuast mite be ah little different. But for that price you could just order new exhuast peices. Does the crossover pipe go in front of the motor or under?

Drock

Yeah the crossover for our trucks needs to go in front of the motor, so if yours does then you should be good. The (head or down pipe) however may be different if the frame of these trucks changed later. But again peanuts if you only paid 300.00 bucks for it.

scottladdy

Check out Summit Racing. They have the contents of the kits listed. You may be able to see what is different between NBS and OBS.