• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

6.2 Oil bypass valve help

Coal Cracker

Was hoping someone can help me with this, I'm putting together a 6.2 and in the process of preparation for the hot tank and cleaning process I removed the oil by pass valves. I know what B C D are for, my question is for A I know it's the oil cooler bypass that has a thermostatic valve and a welsh plug with a hole in it, I need to know which way the valve underneath the plug is supposed to sit.(spring side down in block or spring side up) I've searched Tm's and the Gm parts and service manuals, to no avail. I should have taken pics like I usually do but I was rushing to get to the machine shop. Thanks
oil filter boss.jpg

Last edited:

Coal Cracker

Was hoping someone had an old junk 6.2 or 6.5 laying around they could knock out the welsh plug in the filter mounting boss and see which way the valve was installed?

Coal Cracker

You don't know what it would mean to me, lol I've been driving myself nuts I've been hitting junkyard's searching gm manuals tm's Im kicking myself for not taking a pic. I have a new valve and plug from Gm. All I need to know is which way the valve is facing under the plug. If its a good block I'd be glad to get you a new plug.

Last edited:

FMJ

In Memorial
In Memorial
Ok, on my motor, 6.2, the spring side goes up into the block when looking from below. The button/valve side should be visible when looking down into the hole.

Attachments

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks