• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

6.2 oil filler tube making a mess

Gunfighter1

Is there a gasket or o-ring that seals the filler tube to the block? Mine is a mess and it looks like its blowing oil all over the underside of my hood. The matting is covered in oil and my air filters gets really dirty mainly from the oil. I dont have a CDR but have a breather coming off the filler tube. It was like that when i bought it, any chance the oil spray is coming out of the breather or is there a gasket or something else that is leaking?
20150510_174505.jpg20150510_174521.jpg

Drock

Well mine has ah hose clamp on that breather hose coming off the side at both ends. The hose clamp at the breather failed the other day and I noticed some wetness around it. I replaced the clamp and cleaned the area and no more wetness, so far 700 miles later.

Hasdrubal

Yes, there is a large rubber grommet that seals the tube to water pump block-off plate. You don't have a CDR? Maybe you should think about getting one, its function is to keep a light vacuum against the engine seals. The 6.2 was designed to operate this way. You're asking for more oil leaks this way, particularly the rear main seal.

Gunfighter1

Id have to get creative to where i plumbed. Im running a gm-8 turbo and slapped a K&N filter right on the inlet side of the turbo. Werent they originally mounted on the pass side valve cover? Mine never had one and ive never looked under the hood of another cucv to tell.

Gunfighter1

Disregard my last, the TM is your friend. Im sure thats what someone would have refereed me to anyways.