• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

6.2 powered truck = Apocalypse vehicle!;)

67_C-30

On the show Apocalypse Man, he jacks a 6.2 powered Burb to drive when SHTF. Its kinda cheesy, but pretty cool to see an old 6.2 powered truck on TV. I told my wife "See, when the zombies come, you're going to be happy to ride in my M1009." She just gave me that look and shook her head.:p Here's the segment:

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k-d4zNcDPU4[/media]

davidkroberts

I was in Recon with Rudy. He was a decent guy but kinda strange. My buddy was telling me about the male modeling he did with like calvin klein or something..... just a bit too wierd for my taste. Thats show is just full of ignorance

K9Vic

Its an 80s GM, why didnt he just brake the column open like every thief with half a brain has known since those vehicles were new?
It is a 1985 GMC Suburban to be exact.

Well they likely did not want to really show how to hot wire a car on TV and just made up how to do it. Being a former tow truck driver I know that the older GM tilt columns are easy targets due to the easy of breaking out the tilt to start it. I do not think that would go over very well to show how to really steal a car on TV.

I was wondering though why he smash the driver window only to then have to sit in the broken glass. It is easy to just pop the wing window and unlock it. He also calls it gas, it is fuel not gas. I would also be looking for broken down diesel trucks before I spent the time to make BioFuel.

67_C-30

It is a 1985 GMC Suburban to be exact.

Well they likely did not want to really show how to hot wire a car on TV and just made up how to do it. Being a former tow truck driver I know that the older GM tilt columns are easy targets due to the easy of breaking out the tilt to start it. I do not think that would go over very well to show how to really steal a car on TV.

I was wondering though why he smash the driver window only to then have to sit in the broken glass. It is easy to just pop the wing window and unlock it. He also calls it gas, it is fuel not gas. I would also be looking for broken down diesel trucks before I spent the time to make BioFuel.
I noticed that the dinging buzzer that you hear when was hotwiring it wasn't from a 80's GM.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks