• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

6.2 question

sht2kll

Howdy: I was wondering how many HP does the 6.2 in M1008 have and how many Gallons per Hour does it use? The reason I ask, Is, I bought a Stanadyne FM100 filter head. It has 1/4"X18 threaded ports. I am trying to find out if this it goung to be too small for my truck. Thanks for the help. Tom

Last edited:

Barrman

Max hp is around 140-160 depending on which source you use to get the figure. That is full load and throttle though. Figure loaded down and driving 45 mph a M1008 will get around 10-15 mpg. That means a max fuel flow of around 4.5 gallons per hour. That what you are looking for?

BIG_RED

I have an Stanadyne FM100 on a M1009. FM100's are "rated for use on engines up to 350 horsepower". (yes I know Horsepower is a rather useless fuel flow measurement, but that is what it says on the box my filter head came in) My unit has the 4.3" filter on it, and I have no problems with not getting enough fuel flow. Keep in mind that you can get different length fuel filters for different amounts of flow. The smaller one was recommended to me for my application (to be cheap). I took the "one size larger" hoping that it will not clog up as fast. I haven't changed my filter in almost 2 years (only 10,000 miles), and I still have no fuel flow problems. I am using a 5 micron filter. Good luck!