• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

6.2 ready

wilogger

The original motor in the truck had a broke off glow plug when i purchased it, and it broke free from the piston, where it was fused, and cracked the block a few hours after getting it going. The new motor has 8,000 miles, but needed TLC. New front crank and rear seal, intake, valve cover, timing cover, oil pan, tranny, head, gaskets, no leaks! Exhaust donuts, glow plugs, hoses, lines, ect. Cleaned injectors, rear axel seals, turned drums. I still have a transfer case leak, and the driver side alternator not charging, no wiper blades or muffler. I gota put my snow-plow on it, and want to buy a contact service body for it. Anyway it's a work truck and it's almost ready.6.2 chevy engine.jpgm1008&trailer.jpg

wilogger

Thanks, Those bad glow plugs can be a pain to get out. You have to pry them straight, best to get the puller tool thats made for the job. I'm going to run the 2 wires off the controller to a toggle switch in the cab, then I don't have to worry about the controller going bad and swelling the ends up. Just can't leave it on for more then 9 seconds, hopefully that will stop the swelling of the glow plug ends.

chesapeake

When you add your switch and splice, make sure the splice is good. I am dealing with a bad splice I believe. I have been given trouble shooting instructions and now just need the time. Use a 3m dual contact splice so it will touch the wires twice

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks