• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

6.2 starter

oilcan

I'm finally getting back to working on my M715 with a 6.2 HMMWV motor. The problem is I last worked on it about 2 years ago, and can't remember which starter I left in it! I have one in the truck and one on the shelf. One is a 24v CUCV unit, and the other is 12v civie. It sure would be nice to be able to tell them apart.

The 715 is all 24v (or will be again soon) so I'll be needing to use the CUCV starter.

Also, I wouldn't mind having a spare. Anyone got one laying around?

oilcan

Ok, I pulled the starter off the 715, and found traces of green paint on it. Guess I answered my own question.

Anyone interested in side by side pics?

oilcan

I haven't cleaned them off well enough to look for numbers yet. The only physical difference I've seen so far is that the green one has a slightly shorter solenoid.

I changed computers recently, and forgot to load a pic resizer. Give me a few minutes on that...

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks