• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

6.2 Surge at 50mph

Mr. Chevy

I am driving along and at 45-50 mph, there is a little lack of power. Then when you hit 55mph its has all kind of power. Is this a injection pump failing. I have a new fuel filter installed with the factory setup. It also is a little hard to start. You have to pump the gas 2-3 times.

Thanks for the help!

ssgtwright-usmc

Had a simular problem and went thru the whole fuel system and replaced everything including injectors. I finally found the problem with mine.
A dry rotted rubber hose at the transmission modulator.
Its about 4-6 inches in length.
I replaced the rubber hose with a HD fuel line and now I have steady speed and it shifts alot better.
My only problem is going up hill but that is a differant issue.

Fred431

Had the same problem. Replaced the fuel filter.then the fuel pump died maybe a coincidence but I just drove the !008 from New Hampshire to Florida a distance of 1700 miles problem gone If your fuel pump is the original you might want to replace it before you get stuck on the road

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks