• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

6.2 takeout/Tire takeoff Warnings

2INSANE

Back a long time ago when I first got my M1009 there was very good deals on 6.2 diesel take outs and Goodyear tires. Back then it was a good deal because those motors and tires were not so old...

As the years pass...

These take offs and take outs are not so much a good deal anymore...

Sure you can still get a 6.2 low mile J code for $1500+ but since the motor is so darn old, all the gaskets will need to be replaced, injectors and injection pump will be clogged, water pump seals will be dry rotted, etc. a $1500 motor will now cost you $3000+ to get it good again because parts prices are no longer cheap.

And yes you can still get $125 Goodyear take off tires with 90%+thread but they are so old now and have been stored on pallets, most likely outside and have become dry rotted over time.

So I thought I should warn all you new enthusiasts before you make the same mistakes I made over the years.

If you are dead set on getting a cheap set of Take off tires, make sure you pay the little extra for the tires that are newer with newer date codes on them.

And if you are dead set on a take out 6.2 low mile J code, expect to pay a few more thousand dollars to get it in good shape.

Cheers!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks