• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

6.2 ticking noise?

welpro222

****, that wasn't it. Still ticking, i'm thinking its a bend rod. Still runs good, with a rough idle. Well i'm just going to drive it until it blows and in the mean time i'll prep my 6.5 engine.

TCUCV

this isnt a knock it isnt even a constant or predictable tick.... it is more like a loose bracket or mount than anything else.
I just fixed this problem on my m1008, it was a loose bolt for the power steering pump. Also had to tighten the bolts for the flywheel, remember there are three hiding back there, unfortunately I only have two back there tightened up until the pump goes out. Good luck

welpro222

Well the ticking went away, but the engine seized. I was driving on I-5 and I felt a huge pwer drop and clouds of white smoke behind me and I kept driving about 1/2 mile and made it to an exit and the motor quit. Tried to turn over but starter won't turn engine over.

welpro222

What do you guys think of this?

One: Replacing engine in my Blazer or....

Two: Replacing 350 tbi with 6.2 Diesel in my 1990 Suburban?

The blazer is stock and the suburban is lifted 4 inches and has a winch bumper. I may be getting a complete part diesel suburban soon, that I can transfer parts from.

I have a 6.5 Diesel I can rebuild for either vehicle.

My qpinion is I like driving my suburban more but the transplant will be more work

Matt65

Well the ticking went away, but the engine seized. I was driving on I-5 and I felt a huge pwer drop and clouds of white smoke behind me and I kept driving about 1/2 mile and made it to an exit and the motor quit. Tried to turn over but starter won't turn engine over.
Any indication what caused the failure?

welpro222

Checked coolant level tonight and there was no coolant. Checked engine oil and it was brown and level was about 6-8 inches above full line on dip stick. Blown head gasket or cracked head? Either way I'll have to replace engine.

cucvrus

Old thread but I have one CUCV 6.2 that has a tick like a lifter. It has considerable blow by when the oil cap is off. The blow by disappears with slight acceleration and the engine has considerable power. It is not leaking oil and the sound comes from the one lifter. I do not have an oil pressure gauge hooked to it but wanted an opinion on this sound. It does not smoke excessively and the oil light goes right off when I start it and stays off at idle. Any ideas? I may just run it. I have run it hard many times and this just came about since I changed the oil and drove it up and down a few steep hills off road in the bush. A few times it was on hills so steep it could not crest the top of the hill. Not spinning and thrashing it but just steep long hills in the woods.